Rules and Regulations
By filling this application, the applicant bears all responsibility and liability and hereby agrees to fully and absolutely indemnify EPIC, its Board of Directors, agents, and employees from any liability. Applicant agrees to abide by EPIC’s Code of Conduct and other policies. Anything not described in details in this contract will be decided on and at the sole discretion of the EPIC management.
Failure to comply with the rules and regulations (above) can and will result in actions resulting to being asked to leave the premises. We request all the brothers and sisters to cooperate with the Administration. May Allah (SWT) accept our fasting, prayers, and other good deeds in this blessed month.
1. A registration form must be filled out and submitted to the office.
2. A copy of a valid driver’s license, a state issued identification card, valid passport or green card is needed from those who will do I’tikaf.
3. Applicant must be 18 years of age or older to be eligible to participate in I’tikaf.
4. Children under 16 years of age are not allowed.
5. No one other than registered individuals in I’tikaf will be allowed in the designated areas for I’tikaf.
6. Please bring with you items such as sleeping bags, blankets, pillows, toiletries etc. EPIC will not be providing any of these resources.
7. Only one piece of luggage per person in the Masjid.
8. There will be no food and drinks allowed in main musallah, lobby, and sisters’ musallah. Only water in securely capped bottles and containers is allowed. No open cups or containers.
9. NO PERSONAL WARMERS, HEATERS, COOKERS, ETC. WILL BE ALLOWED. ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS.
10. No buying or selling of any items will be allowed inside the masjid. You must have written approval from the Office before conducting any such business on EPIC premises.
11. From Fajr to Maghrib, all sleeping bags must be towards the back of the musala and by Maghrib prayers all items MUST be in the corner. (No mattresses on the property).
12. Lights will be turned off/dimmed for sleeping after Suhur. Please be considerate and do not disturb others who wish to rest by being quiet.
13. There will be a quiet time after Taraweeh until Fajr set aside for individual `ibadah and sleeping.
14. Participants are not required to sleep, but must remain quiet. Any halaqat or study sessions have to be carried out during the day time. Note that I’tikaf is a personal and not a group endeavor. An individual’s need for quiet time will supersede a group’s need to talk or hold halaqat. Any group qiyam activity must be approved by the Office, or pre-arranged.
15. Those listening to Quran recitation must use an ear-piece or head phones. Cellular phones will only be allowed for emergency use, and must be in silent mode throughout the duration of I’tikaf.
16. All participants must keep the masjid area clean, including bathroom facilities.
17. Everyone is requested to respect other participants, regardless of age, and make extra effort to make the I’tikaf a good experience for all.
18. Parking Arrangements (Parking is permissible only in designated areas)